Machine-Electrical Assembly Worker / Technician
AXE is currently seeking a Mechanical-Electrical Assembly Worker for our production facility. You will be responsible to set up, assemble, fabricate, and troubleshoot basic and complex mechanical parts. Also, you will be expected to be able to do electrical wiring, electrical assemblies and use instruments to confirm their technical performance to required specifications and standards. Using multiple power tools to fabricate metal and mechanical part. Lifting heavy items 50Ib, warehouse organization and work area cleaning.
The successful candidate will require a minimum of 3 years practical experience. They will have strong organizational skills and have the ability to work individually as well as part of a team. The selected candidate will have a positive attitude and work with minimum supervision.
• Responsible for all machinery and workplace.
• Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as automated saw, weld, solder sheer, roll, and drill
• Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments
• Study sample parts, blueprints, CAD drawings in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
• Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
• Check workpieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled
• Ensure safe work practices are followed at all times
• Identify and support opportunities to eliminate waste and lead initiatives to improve plant efficiency and quality
• Require to operate, run, maintain 3D printer and post 3D print part processing
• Ensure that equipment is properly set up and that all other make-ready functions are carried out prior to the start of production
• Performs electronic, mechanical & electro-mechanical assembly, parts installation, wiring, cable harnessing and hand soldering
• Conducts sub-assembly, unit and system level test and troubleshooting to determine corrective action.
• Must be able to perform all machinist functions at an acceptable standard level
• Must be able to read and understand shop drawings and blueprints
• Must have experience using and operating all hand power tools
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs/22.7 kgs.
• Must be able to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions
• Must be capable of working under minimum amount of supervision
• Able to effectively communicate in both technical and user-friendly language when appropriate, with all types of staff
• Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
• Must have excellent attention to detail.
• Installation experience (hardware & firmware)
• Experience with Microsoft Office & other basic computer skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• College or technician diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-Time